Operators in C
Expression and Operators
- The symbols which are used to perform logical and mathematical operations in a C program are called C operators.
- These C operators join individual constants and variables to form expressions.
- Operators, functions, constants and variables are combined together to form expressions.
- Consider the expression A + B * 5.
- Where, +, * are operators, A, B are variables, 5 is constant and A + B * 5 is an expression.
Types of C operators
C language offers many types of operators.
- Arithmetic operators.
- Assignment operators.
- Relational operators.
- Logical operators.
- Bit wise operators.
- Conditional operators (ternary operators).
- Increment/decrement operators.
- Special operators.